AnsweredAssumed Answered

17.6.1 - Black Screen and Artifacts On Desktop RX 470

Question asked by yoshimatsu414 on Jun 8, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 19, 2017 by amdmatt

I updated to driver 17.6.1 because it said it had a fix for AMD Freesync and since I've been having some issues with Freesync for the last few driver releases now, I thought I'd give it a try.

After I installed it I found out how much of a bad decision that was because it's been nothing but a buggy mess for me. It's been making my card unstable and causing artifacts even on desktop. Also doesn't seem to matter what game I start up either but when I start to play a game like The Witcher 3 or Rise of the Tomb Raider for example, they would just randomly black screen and crash my PC. After my PC is up and running again I get greeted in Windows 10 with a notification that says AMD Watt an settings have been restored due to a problem or something like that. I haven't even touched Wattman smh....

Is anyone else having these problems with this driver?? I've tried a clean install of the drivers and everything. Rolling back to previous driver versions, the problem is not there anymore.

Specs:

Ryzen 7 1700 stock

Asus Radeon RX 470 Strix

16GB DDR4

750watt PSU

Windows 10

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

Outcomes