I've seen a rash of threads popping up discussing a problem of not being able to install the latest driver on Windows 10.
I already had driver version 16.60 installed and every time I tried to install 17.2.1 I would either get a partially installed error (Error 1603) or I would get an error saying that it could not detect my video card. I forgot the exact error code.. (408 iirc...)
I too ran into this issue and after hours of trying different files and attempting multiple routes I found two workarounds that got me up and running until they get the installer fixed:
1. If you already have a previous version installed, download the 17.1.1 minimal setup and run this. It will initiate an update process which will download the 17.2.1 drivers.
They can be found here: Download AMD Radeon Crimson ReLive Graphics Minimal Setup Utility 17.1.1 for Windows 7, Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8.1, W… .
2. You can manually install the drivers by:
- downloading the 17.2.1 package,
- initiate installer and allow it to extract to the C:\AMD folder.
- go to device manager > display adapters > right click *properties* > driver tab > update driver > browse computer for driver and navigate to the C:\AMD folder