18 19 20 21 22 Next Last 321 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 10:34 AM by ray_m Go to original post
      • 315. Re: RX480 DXVA H.264 not working.
        mclingo

"However, at this point in time this issue will now have to move to the back burner since resources are currently 100% focused on the upcoming product launches."

Where I admire you're honesty ray_m this is something people might find quite upsetting, the engineers need to remember this hasn't worked since day 1. If the card was fully working and had picked up a bug then fair enough but  AMD need to at least ensure their current card is 100% working before moving all of their resources to new kit.

Please can you clarify the current situation.

Thanks

• 316. Re: RX480 DXVA H.264 not working.
          ray_m

The OP has confirmed the the issue he reported has been resolved.

What I said was that this will now not get the highest priority due to critical product releases.

• 317. Re: RX480 DXVA H.264 not working.
            mclingo

Sorry but why is the OP the only consideration here, other people have contributed to this thread and  there are other threads for the same problem as well, do we need to move onto those and start complaining there too?, dont know why you are being difficult ray_m especially as you know full well this hasnt been properly fixed.

I have to say i'm very disappointed with this response, what AMD are essentially saying, or how it now reads is :

- we know really its still broken in some areas but we are going to pretend otherwise as the OP has reported it so, anyway we are too busy with our new silicon to care that you've paid £250 for a card that hasn't worked properly since day 1.

wow, wonderful customer service

• 318. Re: RX480 DXVA H.264 not working.
              kingfish

I am having a hard time following your assumptions.

First you say :

i've thoroughly tested KODI, KODI DS, MPC and MPC BE, all either LAV or FFMPEG, no issues at all here, no corruption on playback at any point, skipping fine, no crashes.

AMD seem to have hit the mark on this release, well done.

Then you say:

"However, at this point in time this issue will now have to move to the back burner since resources are currently 100% focused on the upcoming product launches."

Where I admire you're honesty ray_m this is something people might find quite upsetting, the engineers need to remember this hasn't worked since day 1. If the card was fully working and had picked up a bug then fair enough but  AMD need to at least ensure their current card is 100% working before moving all of their resources to new kit.

Please can you clarify the current situation."

I don't see how it can be any clearer.

This thread has been totally highjacked. The OP is satisfied with his solution...if you have a issue, start a different thread.

• 319. Re: RX480 DXVA H.264 not working.
                mclingo

kingfish  - This is a forum, by definition there will be a number of contributors, nobody has hijacked anything, perhaps you need to re-read your definition of "forum"

While you're at it why are you ignoring my update that came after, this isn't some playground game where whatever you say first only matters, who thinks like that?

stoolz mclingo Feb 15, 2017 11:25 PM (in response to fxv300)

update:

its actually perfectly fine with KODI using FFMPEG, the corruption starts when LAV enters the frame, this means I have a 100% working solution for KODI which is all I personally need for now.

I use LAV filters for 3D MVC playback though so it would be nice to get the full fix, can we let the engineers know there is still more work to do with LAV filters.

• 320. Re: RX480 DXVA H.264 not working.
                  mclingo

And no its no acceptable to put something on the back burner when it hasnt worked since day 1, AMD should be fulfilling their current customers before moving on to other projects.

Most of us still think this is an AMD driver issue and not an issue with LAV and MICROSOFT anyway.

• 321. Re: RX480 DXVA H.264 not working.
                    kingfish

And your welcome to your opinion. And you can't pick and choose what remarks/posts you make are 'what I meant'. That doesn't change the fact that the OP has marked the post 'answered'. If you have issues, start your own thread....

ray_m

• 322. Re: RX480 DXVA H.264 not working.
                      ray_m

Since this thread is now getting into a flame war, it's temporarily locked.

18 19 20 21 22 Next Last