AnsweredAssumed Answered

WattMan Game profile and WattMan Global Profile Problem

Question asked by tag446 on Jan 12, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2017 by kingfish

So far in each iteration of the new Crimson Relive drivers I have found a problem when I set up a game profile. To be specific I set an overclock for my Black Ops 3 profile. I left the global settings alone so they are running at the default settings. I have found that after playing Black Ops 3 and then shutting the game down, if I go into the WattMan settings of the global profile it shows the same overclock settings as my Black Ops 3 profile. All I can do is reset the Global WattMan profile. The strange thing is that it doesn't always do this after each gaming session. I play Black ops 3 off in on through out the night so the game is started and shut down 4-5 times a night. I always have to reset the Global WattMan at least once a night.

Sometimes at the end of the night I will shut down the computer after playing the game. Next day when restarting I find I get strange lines waving through my screen. I open the global WattMan and see it is set with an overclock again. I reset WattMan and the screen corruption stops.

Other times I will start Black Ops 3 and find I can't get past around 22 frames per second. I close the game down and check Global WattMan. Sure enough it is showing the overclock. I reset it and restart the game and everything is fine as I can now get 144+ frames per second.

I have contacted support about this but there was no change in the last update.

Why are my game profile settings migrating over to my global settings??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it helps here are some of my specs: Desktop, Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z motherboard, Sapphire 11244-01-20G Radeon NITRO R9 390 8GB, Amd FX-8350 cpu @ stock speed, 8 gigs ram, Samsung 850 Pro SSD, XFX 750 watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Asus vg248qe @ 1920x1080p Displayport, Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 @ 1920x1080p HDMI, Radeon 17.1.1

Also, I always use DDU to uninstall the previous AMD drivers before installing the new drivers.

Outcomes