cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

boxerab
Challenger

Build opencl binary for a particular arch ?

Currently, binaries are built for all supported AMD architectures.

Is it possible to specify one particular architecture to build for? This would speed  up build times.

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Likes
1 Solution

you can specify for which device you want to build program in clBuildProgram() call function.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi Aaron,

I'm not aware of any such option other than CL_CONTEXT_OFFLINE_DEVICES_AMD which builds offline binaries for all the supported devices. I'll check though.

Btw, I think, you referred offline compilation/build time by the statement: "This would speed  up build times." 

I'm not sure why time is a big factor for generating the offline binaries. In general, the offline binaries are generated once and at runtime, only device specific binaries are used for online builds.

Regards,

0 Likes

Thanks, Dipak.  True, I don't need to do an offline build that often, but it still takes quite a bit of time now to do the build, since the compiler is building

for around 20 different architectures. I have a lot of kernels to build, so this is an issue for me.  If I could just target Ellesemere, for example,

that would help a lot.  I am guessing it would not be a lot of work to only build for a subset of all architectures?

Cheers,

Aaron

0 Likes

you can specify for which device you want to build program in clBuildProgram() call function.

0 Likes

Thanks!  I should RTFM !

clBuildProgram

0 Likes