Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

boxerab
Challenger

Combine OpenCL and H.265 encode/decode

Hello,

I am interested in using the new RX 480 card for transcoding.

Is it possible to do the following:

1) copy JPEG image from host to card

2) decompress on card (with my own kernel)

3) H.265 encode on card, using built in H.265 encoder

Also, would like to do this running the opposite way.

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Likes
6 Replies
boxerab
Challenger

anybody from AMD know the answer ?

0 Likes

Hi Aaron,

As checked, I haven't got much information (about combining OpenCL with H.265 encoder/decoder) that can be shared right now. I'm still hunting for more information. I guess, someone expert in media SDK or similar framework may help you also. (http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/media-sdk/ )

Regards,

0 Likes

Thanks for looking into this, Dipak. I also asked the question on the media sdk forum.

Basically, this kind of feature would support fast transcoding of other video formats into H.264/265.

0 Likes

Dipak,

There doesn't seem to be anyone from AMD answering questions on the media SDK forum for the past 8 months.

Can you please inquire internally to see if you can get someone to answer questions for SDK users ?

So far I made a number of posts over the past few weeks, but there is no response.

Thanks!

Aaron

0 Likes

Hi Aaron,

I can assure you that your posts were noticed and drew the attention needed. As far as I know, an internal discussion is already going on related to Media SDK and its support. Also, our Devguru moderators (including me) are continuously trying to communicate with the concerned team/folks to get the answers.

Though, right now,  I can't share you anything particular, however you may expect the responses anytime soon.

Regards,

0 Likes

Thanks a lot for following up. I think everybody would benefit from a really good, actively developed Media SDK from AMD.

Aaron

0 Likes