cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

camaytoc
Journeyman III

EULA question about unparking CPU in our code

Our game is a pretty big title, MMO shooter that target PC, PS4 and OboxOne.

In our list of min spec PC, the one that has a Zambezi FX-8120 gets obviously half of their CPU parked.

We discussed about ways to get rid of it and maybe playing with the registry key (0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583). But we needs admin right, app can crashed, etc.

Then we started to wonders, amongst others, about EULA.

How can we make sure that all core becomes unparked, while our game is running?

Side note: I would like to be included in the white list. I've post a few thread in the new comers sections already. Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies

Hi! You've been added to the white list.

0 Likes

Hi, thanks for adding me to the white list.

I'm wondering why the system is still telling me that the content of my post needs to be approved by a moderator before being published?

=> Also, I would like to know where can I ask my question to a reliable EULA office instead of this generic forum?

0 Likes

All posts in the "Newcomers Start Here" forum are moderated. Once you are white listed, you can post in any of the other forums without having to wait for your post to be moderated.

0 Likes
kenbot
Journeyman III

Hi,

Our FX product manager tells me that changing these power settings does not violate AMD’s EULA.

However, changing power settings requires SYSTEM or Administrators privileges which you should not expect from your users.

Regardless, disabling core parking may (1) decrease battery life and (2) decrease CPU frequency boost residency – especially for applications utilizing only one processor. Thus we don’t recommend disabling core parking generally.

Disabling core parking on the FX-8120 may reduce C-state transitions and increase performance for some applications. But OS Scheduler & CPU profiling work are necessary to understand this further. Perhaps your game engine simply doesn’t schedule work onto processors frequently enough due to waiting on IO.

Cheers,

Ken

0 Likes