Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

emc3
Journeyman III

Can't install APP Sdk, installer Crashes

Hello,

I wanted to get into OpenCl, but i have trouble installing the SDK on my PC. As soon as I run the Installer downloaded from AMD, it says goodbye with an unhandled exception and a crash (see screenshot). I have already tried re-downloading and restarting pc. Checksum is OK. The 2.9.1 version of the APP SDK installs fine, but does not find my graphics card. I'm using win10 pro 64 bit. Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
5 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. The SDK installer supports Windows 10. So, I don't see any particular reason not to work on your setup. Could you please share more information (also about your setup) so that we can trace the issue?

The 2.9.1 version of the APP SDK installs fine, but does not find my graphics card.

In order to access the graphics card, you need to install compatible graphics driver for your card. You can download the required driver from here: Download Drivers

APP SDK only contains CPU runtime. So, after installing the SDK, you can access you CPU device only but not the GPU device unless compatible gpu driver is there.

Regards,

0 Likes
emc3
Journeyman III

Hello, I would like to use the latest version of the SDK. I really don't know why that installer crashes. Is there no offline installer for the SDK? My setup is: Win 10 Pro 64 bit. Graphics: Radeon HD6850 Ram: 8Gb DDR3. Cpu: AMD FX8150. I really can't figure out why the installer crashes, but i think thats a bug in the installer as it is the only program i have trouble with. Can this be reported to amd, and how?

Best Regards

0 Likes

Yes, you can download the offline installer using the same install manager by selecting the download option as shown below. After downloading the offline installer, please try that and check whether you observe the same error or not.

BTW, do you see any meaningful information if you press the "Debug" button of the error message? Could you please share?

Meanwhile, I'm checking with the installer team.

Regards,

pastedImage_4.png

0 Likes
emc3
Journeyman III

Yes, you can download the offline installer using the same install manager by selecting the download option as shown below.

I can't download this offline installer. The SDK Manager crashes directly after opening!

BTW, do you see any meaningful information if you press the "Debug" button of the error message? Could you please share?

It opens visual studio that says "Unhandled Exception":

im1.PNG

Hope that helps, i can't get any more info from visualstudio.

0 Likes