can you please help?
INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION
I got an AMD 8 CORETHE Video card is a HD787064 bitI have to run in safe mode, and cant update drivers for video card, is there any more information you need to know?How do I get it?
What were you trying to do that broke it ?.
Have you tried "system restore", or "last known good configuration" ?.
AMD didnt warn me that the driver was going out of date, and my pc just turned itself off and I got a bad screen with bars on the screen. Now it only starts in safe mode, If I try to run it in normal mode it shuts down and then comes up that it didnt shut down properly.I tried system restore, I dont know as much about pcs as some people but I am pretty sure this is a video card driver problem.
Oh I was playing Planetside 2 when it happened, I dont think it was an overheating problem, but I cant remember if I had the aircon on at the time, I think I did.
Please try the steps below to resolve your issue and perform a fresh installation of the latest drivers.
1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here. What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.
2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.
3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!
4. Use the Windows Install/Uninstall repair tool. This can repair problems with the Windows Installer service and could be a reason for this error.
5. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.
6. Attempt to install the latest Crimson 16.4.1 drivers once the above is completed.
It says that the windows service pack is already installed :S
Thinking back, this may have been a windows problem, but I hope I learnt something about AMD drivers, I am still following those steps, this has been tedious as.
Retrieving data ...