Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

bbalazs
Journeyman III

Opengl glTexImage3D memory issues

Hello,

i have a strange issue with memory usage of glTexImage3D with JOGL on AMD cards.
I check memory usage with GPU-Z, Process Explorer and AMD CodeXL.
I load a 512x512x512 short texture.
And the result :

AMD CodeXL : 256 MB (here i can check extact value

GPU-Z and Process Explore : ~400 MB (here i can only check the increasing memory usage)

Code:

ShortBuffer data = ShortBuffer.wrap(stack.getData(0));
            gl.glBindTexture(GL2.GL_TEXTURE_3D, volumeTextureLevelIDs[0]);           

gl.glTexParameteri(GL2.GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL2.GL_TEXTURE_MAX_LEVEL, 0);
            gl.glTexParameteri(GL2.GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL2.GL_TEXTURE_BASE_LEVEL, 0);

gl.glTexParameteri(GL2.GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL2.GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL2.GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);
            gl.glTexParameteri(GL2.GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL2.GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL2.GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);
            gl.glTexParameteri(GL2.GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL2.GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_R, GL2.GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);

gl.glTexParameteri(GL2.GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL2.GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL2.GL_LINEAR);
            gl.glTexParameteri(GL2.GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL2.GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL2.GL_LINEAR);

gl.glTexImage3D(GL2.GL_TEXTURE_3D, 0, GL2.GL_R16_SNORM, w, h, d, 0, GL2.GL_RED, GL2.GL_SHORT, data.rewind());

gl.glBindTexture(GL2.GL_TEXTURE_3D, 0);

What is the real value of memory usage?

0 Likes
3 Replies
bbalazs
Journeyman III

Sorry wrong topic.

0 Likes

I tried to move to OpenGL And Vulkan topic, but only NewCommers... was available target.......

0 Likes

I've white-listed you, so you should be able to post in any developer forum directly. I'll move this thread to the OpenGL and Vulcan forum for you.

--Prasad

0 Likes