AnsweredAssumed Answered

r9 390 random horizontal line flicker (dual screen setup)

Question asked by seanpatrick76 on Nov 9, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 12, 2015 by dedrick

Hey AMD -

Love you guys long time - BUT, I seem to be encountering a bug that others have encountered.  I get random (completely) screen flickers every once in a while across the screen.  It's just one line that flashes there and goes away instantly - and might not happen for 30 minutes to an hour, but it kind of ruins the immersion when you're watching a movie or playing a video game and it happens.  It's like oh YEAH, that thing again - irritating.

I have a brand new r9 390 (Sapphire) which seems to be what's causing it.   My 280x's didn't have this problem, and I've done many things to try to diagnose what might be happening - including Memtest, clean uninstall and reinstalling your drivers (both latest beta's and the full release), re-seating the GPU, making sure all cables are secured, double checking refresh rate on my monitors (It does it on both displays randomly) etc etc.   I can live with it, but after paying 500 CAD for it I'm hoping you come up with a solution.

The only thing I seem to have noticed that coincides is the core clock drops for a split second during the line flash.  I can only assume this is the cause of the brief screen flicker.  I don't really want to force 3d clocks on all the time or turn off powerplay etc etc etc ( the fix that I've read for this on many forums ) as I don't think I should have to go to all that effort quite frankly.

Will you guys be addressing this in your next driver?

Cheers,

Sean.

Outcomes