Staff

GPU PerfStudio 3.3 now available

GPU PerfStudio 3.3 has been released on developer.amd.com featuring:

• NEW! DirectX® 12 support on Windows 10 with the following tools

o   API Trace

o   GPU Trace

o   Linked Trace

o   Object Inspector

• The following APIs are also supported on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10

o   DirectX® 11.1

o   OpenGL 4.5

o   OpenGL ES 3.1

• Ubuntu 12.04 support for

o   OpenGL 4.5

o   OpenGL ES 3.1

Download from: http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/gpu-perfstudio/

0 Likes
6 Replies
darkradeon
Adept III

Hurray!

I want to ask some clarification about DirectX 11 support:

what runtimes and feature levels are currently correctly supported? Ie: are Direct3D 11.2 and 11.3 supported? What is the maximum feature level supported?

0 Likes

I think there are some issues to the USED_SGPRs values from Iceland and Tonga: I got the same ISA as Fiji and Carizzo as expected (they are all GCN Gen3/ IP v6 devices), but the statistics related to the SGPRs register are different: on Tonga and Icland I always get the strange value of 94 used registers , even on very simple and short shader like

float4 psMain() : SV_Target {

return float4(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f);

}

which is obviously insane and wrong for a simple color return like this.

This effect bot "Stratistics" and "PerfStats" tabs, invalidating the graphics report about the wavefront usage. All other target device looks fine.

0 Likes

Hi, what you are seeing is correct, for any shader Iceland and Tonga will use 94 SGPRs.

0 Likes

So, this means that the maximum number of waves/SIMD with a simple shader like that on Tonga and Iceland is only 6 (which appear the max number of wave since 8 and 10 waves requires less register usage, 63-78 and <= 62 respectively)? Because is what reports GPU Perfstudio for 79 to 94 SGPRs. All other GCN devices (Carrizo and Fiji too) reports only 4 SGPRs for that simple operation.

0 Likes

Correct, the maximum occupancy will be reduced for Tonga and Iceland

GPU PerfStudio 3.3 supports DX11.1. ID3D11Device1 and ID3D11DeviceContext1 functions will appear in the API Trace tool. ID3D11DeviceContext2 and ID3D11DeviceContext3 applications can be used with GPU PerfStudio 3.3 but their functions will not appear in the API Trace tool.