cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

timeout
Adept I

R9 295x2 with 15.7.1 on Win10 - clEnqueueNDRangeKernel() returning -4 on second GPU

Hi,

I just upgraded my rig to Windows 10 pro and I installed the latest 15.7.1 drivers.  I use this rig for Gaming and for crypto-coin mining. 

After the upgrade, I'm getting clEnqueueNDRangeKernel()  error -4 (CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE) on the second GPU (R9 295x2) when I run cgminer-khc which executes an OpenCL algorithm called kshake320 that calculates the Proof of Work on a crypto-coin called Kryptohash.

What is interesting is that if I remove -cl-opt-disable option from clBuildProgram(), the issue goes away but, the performance of the kshake320 Proof of Work algorithm drops by 50% so, mining without the  -cl-opt-disable  switch isn't a good option for this algorithm.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
timeout
Adept I

I just went back to Win 8.1 Pro and everything started working again.  I guess, I'm sticking with the old Windows for the time being.

0 Likes

Hi Oscar,

Welcome!

Glad that your problem is resolved.  In any case, I've white-listed you, so in the future you should be able to directly post in the forum of your choice.

--Prasad

0 Likes