Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

yukiko_u
Journeyman III

Offline compile failed with Radeon R7 260X

Hi,

This is the first time for me to ask a question here.

I'm facing the same problem as the following discussion with Radeon R7 260X.

Binary produced for Hawaii with CL_CONTEXT_OFFLINE_DEVICES_AMD is not working correctly in Catalyst ...

The details are as follows;

Summary:

Offline compile failed with Radeon R7 260X (and R9 290X)

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Create a context by clCreateContext() with CL_CONTEXT_OFFLINE_DEVICES_AMD flag.

2. Create multiple binaries of OpenCL kernel program for each devices by clBuildProgram(), and save them as files.

3. Get the device name of the execution environment by calling clGetDeviceInfo() with CL_DEVICE_NAME flag.

4. Choose the binary for the device name obtained in Step 3 from the binaries created in Step 2, and execute the kernel programs.

Result:

When I execute Step 1-4 with each GPU as the following matrix,

OK: the kernel programs work correctly.

NG: the kernel programs generate incorrect results but no error is returned.

↓Step 1&2  Step 3&4→R9 285 (Tonga)Other GPUsR9 290X (Hawaii)R7 260X (Bonaire)
R9 285 (Tonga)OKOKNGNG
R9 290X (Hawaii)NGNGOKNG
R7 260X (Bonaire)NGNGNGOK

All  machines are running Windows 8.1, Catalyst Omega 14.12, OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP(1642.5).

Wii this problem be solved in the next version of Catalyst?

0 Likes
1 Solution
dipak
Big Boss

Hi,

It seems that the issue reported here Binary produced for Hawaii with CL_CONTEXT_OFFLINE_DEVICES_AMD is not working correctly in Catalyst ... has been fixed in catalyst 15.7.  Could you please check with that driver?

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
jtrudeau
Staff

Welcome! I have white listed you and moved this to the OpenCL forum.

0 Likes
dipak
Big Boss

Hi yukiko.u

Welcome to this community.

Yes, your issue seems similar as the one you pointed out. Our engg. team is already working on it. I'll pass your observations to them.

At this moment, it's difficult to predict when the issue will be resolved. However, if I get any update, I'll share with you. Please keep patience.

Regards,

0 Likes
dipak
Big Boss

Hi,

It seems that the issue reported here Binary produced for Hawaii with CL_CONTEXT_OFFLINE_DEVICES_AMD is not working correctly in Catalyst ... has been fixed in catalyst 15.7.  Could you please check with that driver?

Regards,

0 Likes

Hi, dipak.

I tried Catalyst 15.7 and checked that this problem has been fixed.

I created binaries with GPUs (Tonga, Hawaii, Bonaire) in Catalyst 15.7, and all of the binaries worked correctly with all GPUs and in both Catalyst version.

Thanks a lot for your correspondence.

Regards,

0 Likes