cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

mz24cn
Adept II

AMD OpenCL online compiler takes too much memory and CPU to do kernel compiling

Hi, I am a newcomer, real man, not spammer. Please approve me to ask questions on other forums.

My question is on online compilation time. I found the compiler need near 8GB to compile an about 400-lines cl source file (which includes a 100-lines header file defining several struct). Why need so much memory?

4 Replies
mz24cn
Adept II

My cl file contains several functions which includes quite a lot of execution branches and includes recursions. I guess the compiler transverses all possible execution branches and serializes them, right?

0 Likes

When can I move this post to devguru OpenCL board?

0 Likes

Hi Mike,

I've added you to the approved developer's list and moved this thread to the OpenCL forum.

Cheers,

- Dee Dee

0 Likes

Welcome to this OpenCL dev. forum .

Not sure about the reason right now. Need to check the issue at our end. Could you please provide that problematic source code (kernel as well as necessary host code) such that we can reproduce it? Please also mention about your setup details such as OS, hardware, catalyst driver version etc.

BTW, did you try to build that kernel using CodeXL? If yes, what was the observation? Otherwise, please check it and share your findings.

Regards,

0 Likes