Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

bsp2020
Challenger

HSA-OpenMP-GCC-AMD

Hi,

I'm trying out HSAFoundation/HSA-OpenMP-GCC-AMD · GitHub

The instruction says to untar hsagcc.tar package. However, I can't find it in the repository. Is it supposed to be part of the git repository?

Brian

0 Likes
1 Solution
grodgers
Adept I

Hi Brian,

Sorry about the missing tarball.  I could not upload such a large file to github.   I am trying to find an easy way to build this compiler using github .  Using svn to the gcc hsa branch is painful way to build it.  Also, the gcc hsa team is moving to HSA1.0F.  There will be a lot of changes for this.  I will upload new instructions later this week.  You are not missing much because this compiler is very experimental.   A better compiler is in the works.

Greg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
grodgers
Adept I

Hi Brian,

Sorry about the missing tarball.  I could not upload such a large file to github.   I am trying to find an easy way to build this compiler using github .  Using svn to the gcc hsa branch is painful way to build it.  Also, the gcc hsa team is moving to HSA1.0F.  There will be a lot of changes for this.  I will upload new instructions later this week.  You are not missing much because this compiler is very experimental.   A better compiler is in the works.

Greg

0 Likes