cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

jossgray
Adept II

S400 Synchronization Regression

Back in November I reported a regression with synchronization when using the S400 card.

The issue is that it was not possible to synchronize a subset of identical displays on a system where not all displays are the same. Example shown here,

unnamed.png

Outputs 2, 3 and 4 are identical, so I should be able to exclude 1 and synchronise the rest. However it always fails.

I found that the issue occurs with drivers 13.35.1012, 13.152 but not in 8.773.1.1, 8.911.3.3 and 9.003.3.3. This was with the V8800, W8000 and W9100.

Apparently the issue has been recreated and fixed but has not made it into a current driver release. However that was a while ago and the trail has gone cold now, hence why I am posting here.

I would like to know if this issue has been fixed and any current public driver releases?

If not, when will it be released?

0 Likes
8 Replies
chm
Staff
Staff

Hi,

You are right that as long as the displays are identical you should be able to synchronize them on the same GPU.

According to your screen-shot you have Display 2 configured as TimingServer. Display 3 and 4 can be selected as TimingClients. At which point do you fail? Can you select both as TimingClients but will fail applying the synchronization or will one of the displays get greyed out once you select the other?

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Yes, I should have mentioned, the screen short shows the result. Displays 3 and 4 were selected as timing clients, but failed to sync to the timing server. If display 1 is the same as 3 and 4, they will succeed to sync, even though display 1 is not selected as a timing client.

0 Likes

If the synchronization fails it is an issue which might be specific to the setup and not a general failure. We would need to reproduce it in order to know why the driver fails to synchronize.

May I ask you to open a support ticket on: http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/ and provide all details on your setup.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Just to add logistical details, to minimize something falling between cracks, please reply here when you do, and if there's a ticket number (I believe you will get one) provide a pointer to make sure Chris can find it easily.

0 Likes

I've raised a support ticket. Haven't received a ticket number yet, but will post it here if I do.

Edit: Spoke too soon. It's 8200632323

0 Likes

Thanks, I'll make sure Chris sees the info.

0 Likes

Wondering if there any update on this. I haven't recieved any responses to my questions I sent to support in relation to this ticket.

• I was told to try the 15.3 Beta drivers, however the latest drivers for the FirePro series is 14.502.1019?
  • I've seen the following known issue in the driver release notes, "Ticket# 408167 Genlock regression using mixed monitor types". Is this the issue I've reported?

0 Likes

Unfortunately this is beyond what our development engineers can handle, so no further help here on the developer forum. The support team will have to replicate and deal with this.

0 Likes