cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

o_and_n
Adept I

Does crossfire pro exist?

I have asked multiple times autodesk if their software and mainly autodesk maya if it works/takes advantage of crossfire pro but they dont know...The only thing they told me is to ask amd since they make the drivers.I see that firepro support autodesk producs but the question is do they support the crossfire advantage?Amd have only made ONE video from 2009 that shows crossfire pro in maya and havent told anything since than.

CrossFire Pro using two FirePro V5700 in Maya - SIGGRAPH 2009 - YouTube

I have emailed amd support asking about this but every time they copy/paste some ready text that doesnt even come close to my question.If there is a proffesional here  from AMD can he tell me if this works or not.

And if possible to have a answer soon.My last thread was 6 months ago and never got a reply.

0 Likes
3 Replies
jtrudeau
Staff

I'll see if I can get an answer for you this time.

0 Likes
jtrudeau
Staff

From the FirePro team:

CrossFirePro is useful for customers working on application workloads specific to their industry.  This is a niche use case where the broader FirePro user base will not see gains that are available in use cases like gaming.  CrossFirePro is not recommended for customers using traditional Workstation applications provided by ISVs in CAD and Content Creation spaces.  As an example, a user should not expect to see twice the performance in a CAD application by running CrossFirePro on two AMD FirePro cards.  Users of traditional Workstation applications seeking more performance will have a better return on their investment by purchasing higher end products. CrossFirePro is a valuable innovation for partners who develop specific applications.

Many thanks.I guess i will have to buy just one gpu than.I consider this important info and it loud be good to be displayed on the firepro page for people to know.As i was misleed thinking that it coud for example improve maya as seen on the video ive posted but i supose that was a beta/test/prototype thing than.Pitty its not avaliable.

Thank you again.

0 Likes