cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

jtrudeau
Staff

What are licensing terms of AMD AGS?

Folks, apologies ---- I was deleting a potentially inaccurate reply, and ended up deleting the topic. Idiot user error (which I can say because I am the idiot.) Must have more coffee.

I'm sorry, I don't recall who posted the initial question.

BTW, thanks for asking, we now realize there is no license on that library.

For immediate planning purposes, it's probably safe to assume that it will be similar to (if not identical) the EULA we use for SDK downloads. But I'll get that straightened out and provide an accurate answer to this ASAP. Assumptions can be dangerous things.

Jim

0 Likes
1 Solution
jtrudeau
Staff

OK, that's fixed. There is now a click-through EULA attached to that download. It is our standard EULA for sample code with distribution rights.

In pertinent part it says...

"  (ii) make and distribute copies of the Materials and derivative works thereof created by You in binary code form only for use only with Your products that support AMD processors and in computer systems including AMD processors or graphics products, provided that You agree to include all copyright legends and other legal notices that may appear in the Software."

You can see the entire EULA if you try to download the code here: http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/amd-gpu-services-ags-library/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
jtrudeau
Staff

OK, that's fixed. There is now a click-through EULA attached to that download. It is our standard EULA for sample code with distribution rights.

In pertinent part it says...

"  (ii) make and distribute copies of the Materials and derivative works thereof created by You in binary code form only for use only with Your products that support AMD processors and in computer systems including AMD processors or graphics products, provided that You agree to include all copyright legends and other legal notices that may appear in the Software."

You can see the entire EULA if you try to download the code here: http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/amd-gpu-services-ags-library/

0 Likes
bdefnet
Journeyman III

Thanks!  Hope you found your coffee too.

0 Likes