cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

greenflops
Adept I

HSA, OpenCL on Docker... Which releases and hardware to choose?

Hello,

I am new to HSA, I discover this environment which looks quite interesting in terms of portability and performances.

I try to setup a new project with OpenCL software application that will run inside a Docker and will use some APU accelerated features on HSA. I am in the step of making hardware choices for that become possible. From what I could find on the web it looks like the Kaveri product line is currently still the best/only choice?

I wonder if the Carizzo next APU generation will be compatible with current Kaveri software development...

0 Likes
1 Solution
jedwards
Staff

Currently the AMD 7000 series APU (Kaveri) product line is still the only commercially available HSA enabled hardware platform. Please consult this link for specific information:  HSA Platforms & Installation · HSAFoundation/HSA-Docs-AMD Wiki · GitHub

The next generation of HSA enabled chips will have programming interfaces conforming to the specifications available on the HSA Foundation web site at Standards - HSA Foundation. The specifications regarding HSA are subject to change, so the compatibility of a device with previous software development depends on the version of these specifications it supports.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
jedwards
Staff

Currently the AMD 7000 series APU (Kaveri) product line is still the only commercially available HSA enabled hardware platform. Please consult this link for specific information:  HSA Platforms & Installation · HSAFoundation/HSA-Docs-AMD Wiki · GitHub

The next generation of HSA enabled chips will have programming interfaces conforming to the specifications available on the HSA Foundation web site at Standards - HSA Foundation. The specifications regarding HSA are subject to change, so the compatibility of a device with previous software development depends on the version of these specifications it supports.

0 Likes