cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

joshklint
Adept II

When is the next driver going to be released?

Since the release of driver 14.12 on December 8, our application fails to start with an error message that says "Error r6025: Pure virtual function call":
Error r6025: Pure Virtual Function Call :: Leadwerks Game Engine General Discussions

We are advising our users to install the previous 14.9 driver, which worked perfectly.  However, this has been going on for a long time, and it is damaging our reputation and the perception of our product, since DirectX-based game do not suffer from this issue.

When is the next driver scheduled for release, and is there any way we can test it in advance to make sure this problem is solved?

0 Likes
7 Replies
jtrudeau
Staff

We can't promise a release date, for obvious reasons.

However, have you reported the problem? It won't get fixed if the Catalyst driver team isn't aware of it.

Catalyst support thread is here: AMD Support and Game Forums - Desktop Catalyst Drivers and Software

If you follow the breadcrumb trail there, you'll find the issue reporting form at www.amd.com/report

A reproducible case is required. I'll also alert the games community manager to this thread here in the developer forum.

0 Likes

The issue was previously reported here:
Driver 14.12 - Pure virtual function call error causes application crash at start

And in a support ticket here:

AMD Issue Reporting Form

I will gladly provide Steam keys upon request.  We can be contacted here:
Leadwerks Game Engine - Contact

It is not clear to me if this issue has been resolved and when a fix is forthcoming.

0 Likes

Thanks Josh. I'm following up with the Catalyst team, hopefully we can get some status info.

0 Likes

Josh,

Yep, the team is aware of it and investigating. I understand you've been contacted, and thanks for the keys so the team can explore further.

0 Likes

Do you have any news regarding this? I wonder if it's better for me to wait one or two weeks or downgrade to 14.9.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Gerard Parareda, I cannot say when the next release will appear in public. If it were me and I had that uncertainty, I'd go with what works. As noted in the separate thread, this defect is fixed and will appear in the next release. Per Bug Report for driver 14.9

0 Likes

I downgraded to 14.9 and works fine now. I will check these threads every now and then to see if it is fixed in a newer release.

Also, I stumped upon this news article:

Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: Leadwerks Game Engine

Thanks for the help

0 Likes