cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

et1
Adept II

OpenCL 2.0 in 64-bit code only?

Trying the APP SDK samples on a Radeon 290X with Catalyst Omega, they reported that there's no OpenCL 2.0 support. I compared the device info to what clinfo was giving me, and there were slight differences, such as "address bits" giving 32 bits instead of 64, and in particular the version string has "OpenCL 1.2". Switching Visual Studio (2010) to compile the x64 version, I had no problem getting an OpenCL 2.0 sample to run.

So does OpenCL 2.0 only work for 64-bit programs or is there a way to get this to work in 32-bit executables? I'd rather use 32-bit because I never quite got debugging 64-bit programs to work well in VS2010.

0 Likes
1 Solution
et1
Adept II

I see that it's already mentioned in the "AMD APP SDK 3.0 Beta now Available" thread.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
mdriftmeyer
Adept II

Just a suggestion, but I would recommend updating  your VS to atleast VS 2012. With all the talk of dumping support for VS2010 in LLVM/Clang compiler discussions I wouldn't expect AMD to keep that support around, OpenCL compiling support or not.

0 Likes

Thanks for the info. The company knows I'd love a more up to date version. I'm sure they'll get to it this year or the next.

0 Likes
et1
Adept II

I see that it's already mentioned in the "AMD APP SDK 3.0 Beta now Available" thread.

0 Likes