cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

maxdz8
Elite

Occupancy column is gone (1.6.7249.0)

When I profile my program, everything is fine. I use to copy the results to a spreadsheet so I can average the measurements and apply some simplifications (such as measuring in MiBs instead of KiBs).

Everything is where I expect it to be.

However, if I close CodeXL and open it again the occupancy column in the profiler is gone.

This seems to happen only on profilings performed by this version. Older profiling data seems to be unaffected.

Is that just me?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi maxdz8,

Thanks for providing the files.  I see that you renamed the session in the in CodeXL Explorer.  Once I do that, I can also reproduce the problem.  I will submit a bug report and talk to the folks who work on the CodeXL GUI, so that the issue can be fixed in the next CodeXL release.

I've also found a temporary workaround for you.  If you rename the .occupancy file so it has the same base file name as the .csv file, this should work correctly. So in your case, if you rename the "Jan-14-2015_09-23-05.occupancy" file to "NeoScrypt_08-PerfUp_4.occupancy", it should work fine

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
chesik
Staff

Hi maxdz8,

I haven't seen this problem in CodeXL, and I just tried in the latest version.  Is this happening in standalone CodeXL or in the Visual Studio plugin?

If you right click on the profile session name in the CodeXL Explorer and select the "Open Containing Folder" from the context menu, do you see a .occupancy file in the directory?  If so, would it be possible for you to post both the .csv file and the .occupancy file so we can try to reproduce the problem with your files?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes

Hello Christopher,

I use standalone CodeXL.

Besides the kernels and the files you mention, there's a third file in the opening directory. I've attached all three.

0 Likes

Hi maxdz8,

Thanks for providing the files.  I see that you renamed the session in the in CodeXL Explorer.  Once I do that, I can also reproduce the problem.  I will submit a bug report and talk to the folks who work on the CodeXL GUI, so that the issue can be fixed in the next CodeXL release.

I've also found a temporary workaround for you.  If you rename the .occupancy file so it has the same base file name as the .csv file, this should work correctly. So in your case, if you rename the "Jan-14-2015_09-23-05.occupancy" file to "NeoScrypt_08-PerfUp_4.occupancy", it should work fine

Chris

0 Likes

Thank you Christopher, it worked perfectly.

0 Likes