Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

aliraza08
Journeyman III

Building the SDK on a new Ubuntu

Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit

Hi!

I know it is not officially supported, but it might occur to others also they want to build SDK on new Ubuntu, or it could come in handy when releasing new Catalyst and SDK. I'm trying it under 11.10 64-bit, but SDK won't compile, and even the part that does crashes:

g++ -o build/debug/x86_64/BoxFilterGL build/debug/x86_64//BoxFilterGL.o build/debug/x86_64//BoxFilterGLSeparable.o build/debug/x86_64//BoxFilterGLSAT.o -lpthread -ldl -L/usr/X11R6/lib   -lSDKUtil  -lglut  -lGLEW  -lOpenCL   -L../../../../../lib/x86_64  -L../../../../../TempSDKUtil/lib/x86_64 -L"/lib/x86_64"
/usr/bin/ld: build/debug/x86_64//BoxFilterGLSeparable.o: undefined reference to symbol 'glEnd'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'glEnd' is defined in DSO /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1 so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib64/libGL.so.1: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Seems to have some ptoblem with the OpenGL library (built by the driver installer if I'm not mistaken). I tried enabling OpenGL support for Unity also, but then it fails to launch saying "wrong ELF class" inside libGL.so.1

Second problem is, even the part that compiles crashes instantly:

mnagy@ubuntu:~/AMD/SDK/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.5-RC2-lnx64/bin/x86_64$ ./clinfo
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cl::Error'
  what():  clGetPlatformIDs

Anyone ideas on how to go about solving this? I've had enough of OS install for the weekend and would not like to go about reverting to older Ubuntu to solve these.

Cheers,

Máté

0 Likes
2 Replies
nou
Exemplar

check if you have entries in /etc/OpenCL/vendors

0 Likes
nibal
Challenger

This reminds me of some libGL.so problems, I've had in Ubuntu a couple of weeks ago.

Good news: You don't need to reinstall anything. I have already filed a ticket with Ubuntu about it.

It seems you are using the system's libGL instead of fglrx's. Try glxinfo to see for any problems.

Check if your LD_LIBRARY_PATH is giving priority to your fglrx libGL.

If it doesn't work check for a link under /usr/lib/linux-64... -> mesa/libGL.so and delete it.

This will make fglrx's libGL the main libGL for your system, but you shouldn't care. Ubuntu's libGL is busted 😞

HTH,

Nikos

0 Likes