cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

coordz
Adept II

How to use OpenCL via SSH for normal users?

I've been trying to find some way to let remote users run OpenCL programs via SSH without them having to start up a local X session. The closest I've found is here but it still requires an X session somewhere.

Is there driver support for this? When will there be driver support for running OpenCL programs without an X session?

Looking at http://www.amd.com/en-gb/products/graphics/workstation/firepro-remote-graphics/s9150 makes me very interested in OpenCL compute farms but they'd be remote and very definitely headless. Currently the card seems useless as there's no driver support. Is this a feature supported in the FirePro drivers but not in the consumer drivers?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
4 Replies
natasha
Elite

Try to type

> export DISPLAY=:0

in the remote terminal and run your application (X session have to be started on the host).

0 Likes

Thanks for this but I do not want to require an X session to be able to run an OpenCL program.

0 Likes

Fantastic! I'll try this out. I'm not sure if this solution would be safe to deploy but will be fine for an internal proof of concept. I hope AMD have a solution for the driver to be shipped with the S9150....

0 Likes