cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

rhuonder
Journeyman III

DOPP on W600 and with login screen?

I read earlier that in order to use DOPP, one must use a W5000 or higher... is that still the case?  Did support for the W600 ever happen?

In addition, I was wondering if DOPP can be used to warp the Windows login screen for Win 7 and/or Win 8.  I've seen other warping technologies that could only be enabled once logged in.

Thanks for any info.

- Russ

0 Likes
1 Solution
chm
Staff
Staff

Hi Russ,

we added DOPP support for the FirePro W600. You should use the latest t14.301.1010 driver from our web-page and enable DOPP by using the attached tool. Please run it as administrator.

You can wrap the login screen using DOPP. You should just be aware that you won't be able to use DOPP from a Windows service but you could have a service that launches a process which then can use DOPP to warp the login screen.

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
chm
Staff
Staff

Hi Russ,

we added DOPP support for the FirePro W600. You should use the latest t14.301.1010 driver from our web-page and enable DOPP by using the attached tool. Please run it as administrator.

You can wrap the login screen using DOPP. You should just be aware that you won't be able to use DOPP from a Windows service but you could have a service that launches a process which then can use DOPP to warp the login screen.

Chris

0 Likes

Thanks Chris, this is exactly what I needed to know.  I'm assuming that using DOPP in Win7 and Win8 will pretty much be the same?

0 Likes

Yes it is the same but on Windows 7 you need to make sure DWM (Aero) is turned on, on Windows 8 it is always on.

0 Likes