cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

humasama
Adept I

‘clSVMAlloc’ was not declared in this scope

I installed latest driver (amd-catalyst-desktop-apu-linux-x86-x86-64-14.201.1008)  for A8-3850 APU, does it mean that I cannot use clSVMAlloc( ) because It's not Kaveri APU?

When I use clSVMAlloc in my program, it says '‘clSVMAlloc’ was not declared in this scope' all the time.

0 Likes
5 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi,

clSVMAlloc is part of OpenCL 2.0 and AMD till to release its SDK that supports OpenCL 2.0 [OpenCL™ 2.0 is here!].

Regards,

0 Likes

Thanks for your answer, but I want to use SVM functions on Kaveri, does AMD support the new features of openCL 2.0? If not, how can I use new features on Kaveri?

0 Likes

AFAIK, there is a HSA Beta driver package (released 1-2 month ago, the link I used seems to be broken now) that supports few features of OpenCL 2.0 including SVM (only for experimental purpose) on Kaveri APU. The driver package includes the docs to setup the environments and SDK and programmer guide required to build the OpenCL program. You can try out that package if you want to do some experiment with SVM.

Note: As I can remember, developer needs to include "CL/cl_ext.h" file to use the new OpenCL extensions such as SVM.

Regards,

Thank you so much, but how to get this driver?  I didn't find it~ Would you mind sending me the driver package via email?

0 Likes

As I came to know that the above mentioned driver package was only for experimental purpose and it no longer exists. Sorry for that. To use new features of OpenCL 2.0, you need to wait for our official release of OpenCL 2.0 support.

Regards,

0 Likes