cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

gabbayo
Adept II

HSA Linux kernel driver v0.6 released

AMD Releases HSA Linux kernel driver v0.6 at HSAFoundation/Linux-HSA-Drivers-And-Images-AMD · GitHub. Can be used with Kaveri APU and Java or OpenMP languages.

Associate runtime library at HSAFoundation/Okra-Interface-to-HSA-Device · GitHub.

Oded

0 Likes
8 Replies
bsp2020
Challenger

Do you have link to an instruction on how to setup up OpenMP with HSA? I have tried Java (APARAPI) with HSA. I want to try other languages that supports HSA if they are publicly available.

Thanks

Brian

0 Likes

As I understand it amd have some good support version on open source operating system Linux.

Hi Brian,

I'm trying to get in contact with the relevant people in AMD to give you an answer regarding OpenMP, but it may take a few more days due to 4th of July holiday.

Oded

0 Likes

Hi Brian,

We are working on creating a public recipe(scheduled around end of July) with instructions on how to setup and run GCC/OpenMP programs on HSA platform.

In the meantime, if you are interested in running OpenMP programs on HSA simulator, you can have a look at the development work happening in GCC HSA branch.

https://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/gcc/branches/hsa/gcc/README.hsa?view=markup

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Saravanan

grey9305
Journeyman III

Hello,

I have problem installing the driver. I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 on kaveri 7850k with Asus A88xma motherboard.

I have succeeded in running the AMD OpenCL 1.2 beta driver on windows, which has the similar hardware requirement as kfd driver.

After I install the driver and reboot as instructed in README and try to run "kfd_check_installation.sh", the result is as follows:

Kaveri detected:............................Yes

Kaveri type supported:......................Yes

Radeon module is loaded:....................Yes

KFD module is loaded:.......................Yes

AMD IOMMU V2 module is loaded:..............Yes

KFD device exists:..........................Yes

KFD device has correct permissions:.........Yes

Valid GPU ID is detected:...................NO

Can run HSA.................................NO

Does anyone know what the problem is?

By the way, does this driver support HSA runtime API? If it does, how can I compile my program? Is there any example or tutorial on how to use the driver?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Grey, Did you turn on the iommu in your Kaveri firmware?   Try that and then run the kfd_check_installation.sh.

Greg

0 Likes

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have updated the BIOS to the latest version and enabled IOMMU in the BIOS settings.

Did I miss something else?

0 Likes

Hi, I have found the problem.

I stupidly added "sudo"  before the command  "  echo "KERNEL==\"kfd\", MODE=\"0666\"" | sudo tee /etc/udev/rules.d/kfd.rules   "

Now the problem has solved.

Thank you anyway.

0 Likes