cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

jaysen
Journeyman III

Teapot sample runs independently but stalls with "OpenCL-OpenGL sharing is inactive" message when started from CodeXL

CodeXL looks amazing. My excitement about leaving printf debugging behind is matched only by my disappointment that I can't get CodeXL debugging working

The sample teapot app is happily puffing plenty of steam when the app is started independently. However opening CodeXL, clicking the 'load the Teapot Sample' link, then 'Debug > Start Debugging' results in the teapot app launching then hanging with a status message "OpenCL-OpenGL sharing is inactive". The "Debugged process events" seems to be stuck building program 5 (see attached screenshot). The output, callstack, breakpoints and function call history panels are all empty.

• Windows 8.1 (64bit)
  • ATI Radeon HD 7700
  • Catalyst 13.12 driver
  • CodeXL 1.3.4905.0
  • (more details in attached 'system information' dump from codexl)
0 Likes
4 Replies
jaap_nhl_lwd
Journeyman III

Same hardware, same OS,  same problems, same disappointment 😞

0 Likes
dorono
Staff

Hi jaysen and jaap_nhl_lwd,

Sorry for the late reply, this one slipped through the cracks somehow

I understand your disappointment and would like to try and improve your CodeXL experience.

First - have you upgraded to CodeXL 1.4? A lot of effort went into improving robustness with the 1.4 release.

If the upgrade doesn't help, please set CodeXL log level to DEBUG (Tools->Options->Logging), reproduce the issue and attach the following 2 log files from C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\Temp:

• CodeXL-your_user_name.log
  • CodeXLServers-your_user_name.log

Thanks,

0 Likes

Hi Doron,

I'm using CodeXL 1.5 and having similar issues with the Teapot sample. Unlike the others in this thread, I am running Ubuntu 14.04 with Catalyst 14.10. I followed your instructions regarding changing the log level of CodeXL, but I'm not seeing any output in the log directory.

What more, whenever the Teapot demo hangs, it causes my entire system to hang so I have to restart my computer. Because of this, I changed the log directory to a folder that won't be erased on startup, but I'm not seeing the log files you describe anywhere on my system.

I'd be happy to follow any instructions you may have for how to figure out a solution to this problem.

Many thanks,

Thomas Wood

0 Likes

Hi twood,

There is a known issue with the Teapot sample when running on some of the recent driver releases. Please upgrade your Catalyst to 14.9 (OpenCL driver version 14.30) which should not exhibit these issues anymore.

0 Likes