Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

zvivered
Journeyman III

SDK 2.9: Crash upon calling to clGetPlatformIDs

Hello,

I installed latest SDK (2.9) under Win7-64.

I'm working with V.S 2010 project.

Upon calling to:

err = clGetPlatformIDs(1, NULL, &num_platforms);

I got exception.

Can you help ?

Thanks,
Zvika

0 Likes
8 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi,

It's difficult to say anything about reason of the exception just from the information you have posted. Please post more details or provide the sample project generating the exception. Please make sure everything is okay in terms of driver and APP SDK installation [ you can run the command "clinfo" to check details].

Another point is, following is the best approach when platforms param is NULL :

err = clGetPlatformIDs(0, NULL, &num_platforms);

Regards,

0 Likes

Hi,

I tried running clinfo from 'cmd' but clinfo crashed ('clinfo.exe has stopped working')

Thanks,

Zvika

0 Likes

Hi,

It means your OpenCL environment is not working properly and that is the reason your program getting the exception.

After successful installation of catalyst driver, the "clinfo" shows the details of the OpenCL platforms and devices. As I suspect, there may be some problems related to installation. Please try to reinstall it again and check whether "clinfo" works or not.

Regards,

0 Likes

Hello,

Attached the log file of the 2.9 installation.

I uninstalled 2.9 and reinstalled it.

But the clinfo problem remains.

Can you check what is wrong ?

Thanks,

Zvika

0 Likes

Thanks for sharing this log. I'll verify this log with APP SDK installation team and let you know their findings. BTW, can you tell me whether you are using the APP SDK with or without Catalyst driver? Because if with Catalyst driver, then "clinfo" comes with Catalyst driver also and you can run the clinfo before installing APP SDK and check whether problem occurs or not.

Regards,

0 Likes

Hello,

The device driver I have for the "Radeon HD 6470M" is:

Driver Provider: ATI Technologies Inc.

Driver Date: 06/02/2011

Driver Version: 8.821.1.0

Should I uninstall it and install the AMD Catalyst Driver the following link ?

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows7-+32#amd-catalyst-packages

Thanks,

Zvika

0 Likes

Yes, please install the latest AMD Catalyst driver and let me know your findings.

You can also select and get the latest drivers available for your GPU from here Download Drivers.

Regards,

0 Likes

Hello,

You are right !

Once I installed the catalyst driver, clinfo works OK.

Thanks,

Zvika

0 Likes