cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

bsp2020
Challenger

The right forum to discuss HSA issues?

What is the right forum to discuss the HSA specific questions? Specifically, I want to know whether HSAFoundation/Linux-HSA-Drivers-And-Images-AMD · GitHub will work with catalyst driver. I tried the previous version on Ubuntu 13.10 and I was not able to install catalyst 14.4 when I had HSA kernel installed.

Brian

0 Likes
1 Solution
gabbayo
Adept II

Hello Brian,

Unfortunately, the HSA Linux kernel driver works only with the open-source radeon driver that comes with the Linux kernel.

If you would like to run HSA on Linux, than you must also use radeon open source driver.

In fact, you should remove the installation of Catalyst because it blacklists the radeon driver from loading (look at files under /etc/modprobe.d/)

Oded

View solution in original post

1 Reply
gabbayo
Adept II

Hello Brian,

Unfortunately, the HSA Linux kernel driver works only with the open-source radeon driver that comes with the Linux kernel.

If you would like to run HSA on Linux, than you must also use radeon open source driver.

In fact, you should remove the installation of Catalyst because it blacklists the radeon driver from loading (look at files under /etc/modprobe.d/)

Oded