Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

uthinkuknowme
Journeyman III

Driver problem

Hello there ,

I would like to ask for a help about my driver issue for Windows 8.1 Pro.
This is my system infromation aswell as my configuration.

HP Pavilion g6-2303sm

Intel Core i5-3230M PRocessor (2,6GHz)

6 GB DDR SDRAM

and Intel HD Graphics 4000 +  AMD Radeon HD 7670M

Now the problem i got here is when i instaled the Windows 8.1 Pro I instaled the driver for Intel HD Graphics 4000 and after I reboted my notebook it went well coz when i right click on my desktop it shows the Graphic Properties.
Now the problem apears when I go to instal the driver for AMD Radeon HD 7670M. I tried instaling the Latest AMD Catalyst™ Drivers for Radeon™ HD 7000, HD 6000 and HD 5000 Series becouse only this driver is compatible with Win 8.1 Pro so after i instal it and restart the notebook while i try to run the Catalyst Center it shows up the following message:

WARNING:

The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your AMD graphics driver, or enable your AMD adapter using the Displays Manager.

So i would be glad if someone can help me out with this problem.

UTHINKUKNOWME

0 Likes
2 Replies
fatrock92
Journeyman III

It could be happening because your amd driver is disabled. Please do the following -

1) open device manager. (please google "windows device manager" if you don't know what that is)

2) Select Display adapters.

2) There should be two present there. (one intel hd driver and one for amd driver)

4) Enable the amd driver if it is disabled. To do that right click on it and then click on enable.

If it is disabled then try disabling intel driver.

Sorry for such a late response.

0 Likes
iamtechbud
Journeyman III

Hi Dude,

I had the same problem for 2 months about AMD Radoen Graphics I was searching and searching for solutions.But no answer i was getting errors from Catalyst Control Center and windows also.I use a lenovo laptop so i have LSC (LenovoSolutionCenter)it told that the driver was disabled but when i checked the device manager it had a hazard sign and it was enabled.Some anwsers from the net said update the driver which didnt work.So go a idea to disable it from device manager and enable again.It was a risk bcuz its a display adapter what if the screen goes off but i had no choice and it worked now eveything works fine.Just do this go to Device manager>Display adapter>click on AMD Radeon HD 7670M>click the disable icon up>select AMD Radeon HD 7670M and enable

0 Likes