Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

uminokaze
Journeyman III

AMD Driver Auto Detect HTTP 416?

Hi all,

Why is it that all of a sudden the AMD driver auto detect amddriverdownloader.exe start to give to a HTTP 416 error. I understand it's a Requested Range Not Satisfiable error. But it has never happened before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

0 Likes
9 Replies
kcarney
Staff

Hi Leo,

Sorry to hear about the 416 error. You're the second person that asked about a 416 error recently. I'll follow up with the support folks and see if we can get this issue resolved.

Until then, will you please try to download the drivers using a different browser from the browser that you gave you the 416 error (i.e. if you normally use Chrome, try Firefox) and see if you still get a 416 error with a different browser?

Also, it would be very helpful if you'd let me know which browser/s are giving you the 416 error.

Cheers!

Kristen

0 Likes

Hi,

I didn't try to download it from a browser though. I used the amddriverdownloader.exe. If you meant download the downloader.exe using a different browser I tried that too.

However, soon after I manually updated my driver, I tried using the amddriverdownloader.exe again and the problem is gone.

Thanks

0 Likes

Leo,

Thanks for the update. Sorry the .exe was a pain, but I'm glad to hear that you got it working now.

0 Likes
noxxone
Journeyman III

hello, i've got the same HTTP 416 error with my driver autodetect exe...

what can i do??

0 Likes

I would try manually update your driver first, afterwards it should be fine I think. The driver that was giving me a http 416 was catalyst 11.10.

Hope this helps

0 Likes

thank you

i have a 6755g2, do i have to download the A8 apu driver or the radeon driver??

0 Likes

Go for the A-series driver but check if you're A8 first. Because I have 6620g for the A8 APU.

And make sure the catalyst you are about to install is compatible with your laptop or desktop. For me, 12.* releases all says it's good for 6620g but at the same time saying that it's not compatible with  notebooks with switchable graphics, which is what I am using.

Cheers

0 Likes

yes, i have an A-8 and a 6620g with another 6750... i think most of notebooks are not compatible with amd drivers, we should download drivers directly from notebooks' producer... who never update the drivers

so i'm gonna download A-8 drivers now 🙂

0 Likes
lehqz
Journeyman III

How do you manually update your driver? I'm not good with pc at all. I have a AMD Radeon HD 7670 up to 4095MB, what should i download?

0 Likes