cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

strafeychops
Journeyman III

Can't get OpenCL to work on a pair of ATI 4870 Radeons in Crossfire

I am running a pair of ATI Radeon 4870 GPUs in crossfire mode and trying to get OpenCL to work with them.  I have tried a variety of versions of catalyst control center and a variety of versions of AMD stream SDKs with no luck.  Does anyone know how to get OpenCL working with this hardware configuration?

0 Likes
6 Replies
strafeychops
Journeyman III

After looking further, there are statements on other forums that indicate I need to be running a version of OpenCL 1.0 and nothing newer...  I am not sure if this is correct, but this would correspond to ATI stream SDK 2.0 and 2.1 and at this point I am happy to give it a try.  I have scoured the internet looking for this version, but have been unable to find it and, as best I can tell, the AMD website only carries archives back through version 2.6.  If anyone has a copy they could post, I would greatly appreciate it.

0 Likes

IIRC AMD dropped the support for 4xxx after catalyst 12.3 so there is chance that it will work with 2.6 or 2.7.

0 Likes

I tried loading 12.3 and both 2.6 and 2.7.  It was not successful.  Do you know of any location where I can download 2.0, 2.01, or 2.1?  The AMD links are all dead and everyone online links to the dead AMD links.  I think I need to be pointed to a site (or person) who has the file archived. 

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

0 Likes
potski
Journeyman III

Prolly post what you want to do? "some" ppl on the forums can help.

NP.

Reg.

PoTski

0 Likes