Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

bubu
Adept II

OpenCL 2.0 SDK status?

Now that Khronos have finished the spec

Khronos Finalizes OpenCL 2.0 Specification for Heterogeneous Computing - Khronos Group Press Release

I was wondering what's your roadmap for the new SDK 3.0

We're really interestered in SPIR, as the only thing that prevents our enterprise to use OpenCL is the prohibition to release our source code. We're using CUDA due to that,

SPIR is key for us to adopt OpenCL. Without it, we'll never move to OpenCL.

Now some more compromising questions

1. Will Radeon 7XXX support OpenCL 2.0 ?

2. Are you providing SPIR for OpenCL 1.X ?

3. Is there integration of OpenCL in Mantle? OpenCL 1 or 2?

4. I **REALLY** hope you could include an option or extension to disable the watchdog without altering the DX/OGL one, because altering the TdrLvl is a very very very bad idea.

thx.

0 Likes
1 Solution

We’re still on track to release OpenCL 2.0 later this year.  However, we are not ready to announce specific availability dates at this time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ginquo
Adept II

3: The Mantle project is mostly orthogonal to OpenCL from what I've heard at APU13. Shaders & Compute Kernels are written in HLSL.

I would be very interested in answers to the other questions myself.

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Right now i can not say anything onthis. Please wait for the some time.

0 Likes

Hi,

Protecting OpenCL code

1) I'm not sure that SPIR (or even CUDA) will protect your source code. You can find some CUDA dissassembler around !

2) If you want to protect your CL code, you have to

a) obfuscate it

b) embed it in your .dll/libs etc...

c) use some code encryption

It just depend of the security level you want to reach... but even a .dll can be dissassembled... nothing is "unhackable" you know 😉

OpenCL 2.0

On my side I think that it is more important to improve the performance of the current OpenCL SDK, and to work more of fixing the issues. (Than always adding new features when the base is not robust !)

Any update on when an OpenCL 2.0 driver will be out? The best I can find is "OpenCL 2.0 will be our primary enablement path with a new driver available later this year" posted 3/3/2014 on http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/opencl-tools-sdks/opencl-1-2-beta-driver/.

Thanks

0 Likes

We’re still on track to release OpenCL 2.0 later this year.  However, we are not ready to announce specific availability dates at this time.

0 Likes