cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

kracker
Adept II

AMD APP SDK 2.9, no OpenCL.dll?

Hi, I just got SDK 2.9 from I believe 2.8, and one thing for me I noticed I can not find a OpenCL.dll or a libOpenCL.a as before, has something changed for MinGW users? Or do I link it against something else?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
munsingh
Staff

The architecture specific OpenCL.dll should get installed in %ProgramFiles(x86)%\AMD APP SDK\2.9\bin\x86 or %ProgramFiles(x86)%\AMD APP SDK\2.9\bin\x86_46. Also you should see an environment variable AMDAPPSDKROOT pointing to ProgramFiles\AMD APP SDK\2.9.

If after installing APP SDK 2.9 you are not seeing the above, then can you share the installer logs. They would be in %temp% folder, if you used the full installer, the names would start with MSI***.log, if you used the web installers the name would be something like AMDUnifiedSDKSetupMSI_amd64.log or the AMDAPPSDKSetupMSI_amd64.log.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Please provide more information here:

1. Did you fresh install APP SDK 2.9? Also please check the driver version that supports APP SDK 2.9.

2. Please provide system setup details: CPU, GPU, OS, bitness, Driver version etc..

3. Were you able to do a cmake build? Note, You need to install CMake before building APP SDK.

4. Where did you searched for OpenCL.dll? It is in /usr/lib folder in linux and C:\Windows\System32 on a windows installation.

0 Likes
munsingh
Staff

The architecture specific OpenCL.dll should get installed in %ProgramFiles(x86)%\AMD APP SDK\2.9\bin\x86 or %ProgramFiles(x86)%\AMD APP SDK\2.9\bin\x86_46. Also you should see an environment variable AMDAPPSDKROOT pointing to ProgramFiles\AMD APP SDK\2.9.

If after installing APP SDK 2.9 you are not seeing the above, then can you share the installer logs. They would be in %temp% folder, if you used the full installer, the names would start with MSI***.log, if you used the web installers the name would be something like AMDUnifiedSDKSetupMSI_amd64.log or the AMDAPPSDKSetupMSI_amd64.log.

0 Likes

Ah, missed that, ugh.

Thank you!

Glad to be of help 🙂

0 Likes