cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

settle
Challenger

Uninstalling AMD APP SDK 2.9 does not reset PATH environment variable

I just noticed that after I installed the Windows 64-bit version of AMD APP SDK 2.9 in the wrong directory, then uninstalled it, that the PATH environment variables were still set.  Upon uninstalling, the path values added during installation should be removed.

0 Likes
9 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi

Yes, its not resetting the PATH evnvironment variable.

I will check with the concerned person on this and get back to you.

0 Likes
munsingh
Staff

Hi Settle,

Thanks for the feedback. Would it be possible for you to share the uninstall logs from your machine. They are generated in the %temp% directory and should start with the name MSI***.log. Note you might find a number of MSI***.log files, if you are unable to figure out which one to send, then you can zip up all the msi***.log files and send across. I will have a look at why the PATH variables are not being reset after un-installation.

Regards,

Manish

0 Likes

Hi Manish,

Do you have an @amd.com e-mail address so I can send them to you?

0 Likes

Hi settle,

I'm just tracking the issues in forum, Are you still facing the same issue or has the issue been resolved in the latest build?

Regards,

0 Likes
settle
Challenger

Hi Dipak,

The issue remains unresolved and there hasn't been any new build since 2.9.

0 Likes

Hi settle,

Thanks for your feedback. As Manish described, please can you post the MSI***.log so that I can forward this to concern team.

Regards,

0 Likes

I've attached the requested log files that show the PATH is being incorrectly set at installation (same entries repeated twice), and those PATH entries not being removed after uninstallation.

0 Likes

Thanks for sending the log files. I'll forward those to APP SDK installation team and keep you updated.

Regards,

0 Likes

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I got to know that sometimes PATH variables are left behind and they are removed after a restart. Is restart solving your issue?

Regards,

0 Likes