cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

spectral
Adept II

Novice question : 2 different monitors with FirePro W8000, how to have different resolution for each ?

Hi,

I have 2 different monitors connected to my W8000, the situation is :

1) Both have the same resolution 1920x1080

2) The task bar use the 2 screens !

I would like to have each screen its own resolution (the second one can have up to 2560x1440) and have the task bar on one only !

Is it possible ? and how ?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Spectral,
The picassa album might be private as i cannot view it, you can try uploading to the forum directly or use imgur

In any case i would highly highly recommend not to use the dvi dongle on the PB monitor. That makes absolutely no sense. I would suggest you use the DP cable that came with your monitor and hook it up to the W8000 directly. i am not sure but it might be that the DP-DVI dongle you have is Single Link therefore limited resolution of 1920x1080. If you really need to use DP to DVI dongle i would suggest purchasing a Dual Link dongle. But in your case it seems highly unnecessary as your card supports DP and your PB monitor supports DP as well

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
fsadough

I assume we are talking about Windows environment. You must have enabled Eyefinity, please disable is and select "Extend this monitor" from Windows Display Property. Assuming the 2560x1440 monitor being NOT a DisplayPort monitor, then you would need an ACTIVE DP-HDMI (If the input is HDMI) or an ACTIVE DP-DVI Dual Link (If the input is Dual Link DVI).

0 Likes

Thanks a lot,

I will try to describe the situation 😛

1) I have no "Eyefinity" group...

2) If I right click on the "catalyst" icon on the task bar, a menu appear, with 5 times : "AMD FirePro W8000", then a sub menu. Where...."Extended is disabled" !

3) The video card was delivered with 2 "DisplayPort to DVI" adpaters. I use theses one. (Looks like this : http://www.computercableinc.com/ccinc/images/DisplayPort-to-DVI-Adapter-Lindy.jpg)

Notice that the 2 monitors are differents ( Asus PB278Q and Asus PA246Q )

In the Catalyst Pro Center, I go to "My Digital Flat Panels"->"Properties" and it write "Maximum reported resolution : 1920x1080" ... but it is wrong !!!

0 Likes

I suggest you log a service request at emailcustomercare.amd.com , once you have done that pass the ticket number to me here in this portal and I will take over your case.

0 Likes
hsaigol
Adept III

Hi Spectral,

From how you are defining it it, your monitors are definitely setup with eyefinity. That is the only way your task bar would currently be extended across multiples screens.

btw. which windows OS are you using, win7 or win8?

Can you post screen shots of the following

1) Windows Screen resolution setup page -> Right click on desktop and click on screen resolution

2) Can you post pictures of the CCC monitor setup page

Lastly if you unplug the PA246Q monitor does the resolution for PB278Q go up to 2560x1440

0 Likes

Thanks,

Here is the screen shot : https://picasaweb.google.com/106846412764353015275/October82013#5932283651439216482

I have unplug the PA monitor, but I still have the same problem, the resolution cannot go higher

Krys

0 Likes

Hi Spectral,
The picassa album might be private as i cannot view it, you can try uploading to the forum directly or use imgur

In any case i would highly highly recommend not to use the dvi dongle on the PB monitor. That makes absolutely no sense. I would suggest you use the DP cable that came with your monitor and hook it up to the W8000 directly. i am not sure but it might be that the DP-DVI dongle you have is Single Link therefore limited resolution of 1920x1080. If you really need to use DP to DVI dongle i would suggest purchasing a Dual Link dongle. But in your case it seems highly unnecessary as your card supports DP and your PB monitor supports DP as well

0 Likes

You're right...

I now use the DP cable on my monitor too and can use the right resolution.

Thanks

0 Likes