cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

timchist
Elite

Catalyst 13.9 drivers disappeared

A few days ago I downloaded Catalyst 13.9 for Windows 7 x64 and Linux x64.

However, as of today, none of these two drivers is accessible anymore.

Specifically, if you go to amd.com, move mouse over 'Find a driver' in the top right corner, then select:

- Desktop Graphics

- Radeon HD Series

- Radeon HD 7xxx Series PCIe

- Windows 7 - 64 bit

you will be redirected to AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver for Windows 7/Windows 8 64-bit, but this page as of today shows:

Cannot complete this action.

Please try again.

Now if you repeat the search for Linux x86_64, you will only be able to download Catalyst 13.4 and 13.8 Beta.

What happened to 13.9?

0 Likes
16 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi

I just checked , its working fine. You can able to download 13.9 and even 13.10beta also.

Please check one more time.

0 Likes

> I just checked , its working fine. You can able to download 13.9 and even 13.10beta also.

> Please check one more time. 

Just checked again. The link I have posted earlier still shows the 'Cannot complete this action' message.

Did you try to follow the exact steps I described?

Did you check the link I posted?

> 13.9 for Linux was mistake as it was older revision than 13.8. there should be 13.10

I still can only download 13.4 release and 13.8 beta for Linux.

The 13.9 I downloaded could generate GPU binaries for Bonaire, which 13.4 could not do. We have been waiting for a release version of driver that is capable of doing it for quite some time - do not want to build our products using a beta version.

0 Likes

Hi

I opened the llink which you mentioned only..

I am able to open it without any problem. you can see the screen shot attached below.

CatalystDriver.png

0 Likes

Still not working for me. Tried several browsers and also checked on computers of several friends of mine (even in other countries) - same effect.

See the screenshots.

And what about the Linux driver? Is a release version newer than 13.4 available? I can only download 13.4 release and 13.8 beta.

Catalyst_13.9_win.png

0 Likes

I really not able to understand the problem. Check your internet provider. Because i have checked it in both explorer and chrome its working fine.

About linux driver yes you can download 13.4 and 13.8 beta from this site.

0 Likes

I can also confirm the problem.

From the driver download page (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx) I choose:

Step 1: Desktop graphics

Step 2: Radeon HD Series

Step 3: Radeon HD 7xxx PCIe

Step 4: Linux x86

Then pressing "Display results" gives me:

Please try again.

0 Likes

I can confirm also on Firefox, Chromium and Chrome instead of the driver download page I get:

Please try again.

However the Linux beta page is fine: AMD Catalyst™ 13.8 Beta Driver for Linux

0 Likes

Thanks nou.

0 Likes
nou
Exemplar

13.9 for Linux was mistake as it was older revision than 13.8. there should be 13.10

0 Likes

Which is the current stable driver anyway?

Earlier it was announced the 13.9 as the latest stable driver. Now, it seems to be available only for Windows platforms without any explanation.

The driver support and the software support in general should be taken more seriously.

0 Likes

Now there is 13.10 beta.. You can even work by downloading it. and share your experiences with that.

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Is this problem still persisting? If so, Please let me know which continent your location is...

You dont need to give me your country name... Just tell me "Asia pacific / North America / South America/ Europe/ Africa"...

This issue, i think, will be useful in identifying where the issue is....

Thanks,

0 Likes

Popup block no longer appears on the main page when you move mouse over Support & Drivers. It is only possible to click on that menu which leads to a new page.

From that page when you enter all parameters as I described earlier, you are successfully redirected to the Windows driver download page where it is possible to download Catalyst 13.9 without any problems.

So the issue seems to be resolved, thanks for getting back on this one.

Any ideas when a release version of driver supporting HD 7790 for Linux may become available?

0 Likes

okay, Thanks for letting us know.

I have enquired about 7790 support. Will let you know once I have the info.

Thanks,

0 Likes

Tim,

It looks like the driver is already there.

Have you checked AMD Radeon™ HD7790 Catalyst™ Performance Driver

0 Likes