cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

j-s
Journeyman III

openCL emu-windows

Hello everybody I am new here, I am from Greece and I am studding in a university computer engineering. I am interested of open CL emu for window that I found there: http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/open-source/opencl-emulator-debugger/

but I have some problems.

1. I can't understand where exactly must copy the files opencl_emu, opencl-emu_app (anywhere in C or in some specific folder?)
  2. When  I try build the solution have an error about need tools from Microsoft visual studio 2010 (I am using 2012 professional version )

OS windows 7 x64 ultimate

GPU AMD  RADEON HD 6850

ps. sorry for my English I have years to use them.

0 Likes
4 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi In the link which you provided, have you gone through the document"OpenCL-EMU Documentation" which they mentioned below that webpage.. If not please go throught the same link am giving here http://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/2012/10/OpenCL-Emu-Documentation-2.pdf Its having all the necessary information which you are asking. Still if you get struck at any point, please do posting and we will help you.

j-s
Journeyman III

I installed successfully SDK and emu. Built with success the solution but when I start debugging from Visual studio runs correctly in gpu_emu and in cpu but not for gpu.

I am taking an error like that: 'HelloCL.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.

Also tried to run directly from my PC the HelloCL.exe and the taking this error:

error.jpg

I realized that there crashes when runs at cpu and not at gpu like before and that confuses more.

0 Likes

Actually i am not getting you problem 100%. Its okay... let me try to give some hints.. Have you confirming that each step like creating context, kernel, and building program etc are working fine without any errors. Are you checking for the error after these calls?. there is one chance like when you create program with source if this funciton call dint execute properly and returns error then you will get assertion failure if you are not checking right after this call.. Please check once.

0 Likes
j-s
Journeyman III

It's ok I solved the problem. I had to run without debugging. Thanks for help :):):)

0 Likes