cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

gagcl
Journeyman III

CL-GL Interop: CL_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT_DESCRIPTOR with recent APP SDK or fglrx driver

Hi!

The example I mentioned in http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/159639: https://code.google.com/p/opencl-book-samples/source/browse/trunk/src/Chapter_10/GLinterop/GLinterop... doesn't work anymore since APP SDK 2.8 and fglrx driver 13.2~beta3 under Debian GNU/Linux on Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 and GM45 integrated video. (The last working are APP SDK 2.7 and fglrx 13.1)

The call to

*p_cl_tex_mem = clCreateFromGLTexture(context, CL_MEM_READ_WRITE, GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_ARB, 0, texture, &errNum );

fails with

CL_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT_DESCRIPTOR

According to http://www.khronos.org/registry/cl/sdk/1.2/docs/man/xhtml/clCreateFromGLTexture.html:

Using GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE for texture_target requires OpenGL 3.1. Alternatively, GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_ARB may be specified if the OpenGL extension GL_ARB_texture_rectangle is supported.

Mesa infos:

$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0.5
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
OpenGL extensions:
$ glxinfo | grep GL_ARB_texture_rectangle
    GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object,
$ glxinfo | grep 'GLX ver'
GLX version: 1.4

Does AMD already aware of this regression or I'm missing something?

Thanks.

0 Likes
7 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Thanks for reporting it. I will let you know my results by monday.

0 Likes

Hi,

any updates? I've tried recent 13.8~beta2, no changes.

0 Likes

Hi

I tried in Windows7_64 platform , catalyst 13.8, APU Trinity machine.Its working fine without any problem.

But when i tried with Linux Ubuntu machine, catalyst 13.8 beta.

Compiled using :

sudo g++ GLintrop.cpp -I "/opt/AMDAPP/include/" -L "/opt/AMDAPP/lib/x86_64/" -lOpenCL -lGL -lglut -lGLU -lGLEW

./a.out

I am getting following error from glewIsSupported() function

freeglut (./a.out): Unable to create direct context rendering for window 'GL interop'

This may hurt performance.

Warning: Detected that OpenGL 2.1 not supported

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Please suggest what can be done. since am not a GL expert.

0 Likes

the report at the top indicated that the intel driver was used for OpenGL...

0 Likes

Thats a good catch... because even the earlier report , that was mentioned, was resolved after loadnig libGL correctly...

0 Likes

All recent version still don't work. I'd like to clarify, that the working versions I mentioned:

> (The last working are APP SDK 2.7 and fglrx 13.1)

are still perfectly working with Mesa libGL (not fglrx one). Only AMD delivered an opencl library able to work on Intel CPU with Mesa libGL. But it's sadly no more the case. I hoped AMD could check changes between working/not working versions I've found to fix the issue. Maybe it could be done?

0 Likes

Thanks for the update.  I have reported this issue to the team, and the team is looking into it. 

0 Likes