cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

roestzwiee
Adept I

OpenCL for mobile graphic cards

I'm trying to get familiar with OpenCL. Unfortunately, i only have a mobile product.

In the beginning of the year, i just downloaded the latest CCC and i was able to create my own small "Hello World" and "Vector Add" OpenCL Programs.

Now i heard of mining Bitcoins with OpenCL. I tried doing it with my AMD Mobility Radeon 5650 HD, but all packets were rejected by the pub, cause they didn't pass validation. I read, that i should not use the latest CCC for my old card. So i deleted the current driver and tried to install an older version of CCC.

Now i'm afraid, cause as soon as there is the AMD APP SDK or an AMD CPU OPENCL application installed, all applications that try looking for / using OpenCL just quit.

I can't tell what Function is actually missing, cause the OpenCL.h is also missing, and i can't compile or debug any OpenCL programs any more.

My notebook is a Toshiba Satelite L655-PSK1JE. The latest Toshiba Driver is using CCC 10.x

I tried installing different CCC Versions, used a Driver Cleaner Tool but still i can't get OpenCL back to work...

Do you have any suggestion?

0 Likes
1 Solution
realhet
Miniboss

Hi!

Use this AMD Catalyst Un-install Utility to uninstall the driver properly! (normal uninstall, reset, uninstall utility, reset, there you go)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
realhet
Miniboss

Hi!

Use this AMD Catalyst Un-install Utility to uninstall the driver properly! (normal uninstall, reset, uninstall utility, reset, there you go)

0 Likes

Hi!

Thank you, you saved my holidays!

0 Likes
roestzwiee
Adept I

I still have the problem, that i can't install the AMD APP SDK 2.8 Samples.

Following report gets created:

AMD APP SDK Samples

Endgültiger Status:Nicht erfolgr.
Version des Elements:2.8.1214.3
Größe:155 Mbytes

Thanks for reading!

Fixed with:

http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/160181

also i took my old C:/Program Files(x86)/AMD APP/Include , Docs and Lib Directory.

Further more i edited the Cl.h in Include/Cl/ like it's explained in:

c++ - OpenCL: could not find clRetainDevice in dll - Stack Overflow