cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

whyme466
Journeyman III

Unstable Eyefinity 3D Active Glasses Sync

Recently implemented 3D Eyefinity configuration (see whyme466 Jan 2013 comments at www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1862&start=20, for much more information). Unfortunately, it appears that Stereo (L/R pair) frames are not being properly synchronized by Eyefinity. The Active Glasses sync signal is NOT ALIGNED on the 3 HDTVs, even though they are in Eyefinity sync (AMD probably not syncing start of full L/R frame sequence, just individual frames instead). Setting desktop to 1080p24 and enabling Vsync did not help. Good 3D video is rarely shown on all 3 screens simultaneously (never stable, drifts between 3D and merged L/R 2D signal), but any one of the 3 displays can be made to work correctly by simply forcing the Active glasses to sync with that specific display. How can this sync problem be resolved?

I am not developer; AMD Global Customer Care suggested the use of this forum...

0 Likes
4 Replies
whyme466
Journeyman III

This problem is still unresolved...

Will any emerging MST hubs support HDMI-based HD3D?  The first commercial hub, http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/mst-hub-1-3.html, would require dongles or adapters to work with HDMI, and would probably not resolve the Active shutter sync issue.

0 Likes

I hope the next gen GPU (9xxx), in its multi-monitor hardware/software technical update, can provide native support for HDMI-based HD3D Eyefinity configurations, as well as DP configurations.  Most new technology commercial displays are favoring HDMI, not DP...

On a somewhat related topic, I have encountered a display initialization problem when connecting 6 GB GHz 7970 to Sony's new 4K UHDTV (XBR65X900A) via HDMI.  Note that the 7970 is one of the few industry GPU cards capable of supporting the X900A's full-frame 1080p (passive) 3D at 30 fps, as well as the full 4K 2D display.  I have contacted both AMD and Sony tech support, but the X900A remains unable to accept the 7970's data.

Aug 13 update: Sony released firmware update for X900A that resolved display problem with 7970.  Great, fast work by Sony! 4K 2D and full-frame 1080p 3D run at 30 fps with the 7970 - the UHDTV looks great.

0 Likes

Purchased new system from Falcon Northwest. My Talon configuration includes Intel i7 4960 X (overclocked to 4.3 GHz), Asus P9X79 Pro motherboard, 16 GB, SSD, and a Sapphire R9-290 X GPU.

Unfortunately, my 3-screen Samsung 46D8000 Eyefinity configuration exhibits the same active sync problem, when using the R9-290 X card and this new system, that the 7970 and my older PC has previously demonstrated (see first message in thread).  The new generation 290 X hardware still does not properly manage active glasses sync when displaying a 3D scene spanning all 3 HDMI-based displays - only one display remains consistently synchronized.  Again, note that 2D Eyefinity display is flawless.  For this round of testing, I used one Accell UltraAV Active Adapter (HDMI 1.4b compliant, Eyefinity certified) and 2 direct card connections.  This testing result is disappointing...

0 Likes
whyme466
Journeyman III

Hope R9 390X Eyefinity display support hardware/software is modified to finally accommodate HDMI-based HD3D.  This problem remains unresolved after more than 1 1/2 years...

0 Likes