cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

qqchose
Adept I

CodeXL 1.2 crash when building kernel

While building our kernel, in debug mode, CodeXL crash.

Log join

CodeXL - Debug String: Build Data/kernel/MY_KERNEL.cl ....

CodeXL - OpenCL Program 4 (Context 1) Created

CodeXL - Building OpenCL Program (Context 1)...

CodeXL - Checking for memory leaks - Application exit

CodeXL - No memory leaks were found

CodeXL - Thread Terminated: 400

CodeXL - Thread Terminated: 5272

CodeXL - Thread Terminated: 3764

CodeXL - Thread Terminated: 1020

CodeXL - Thread Terminated: 4104

CodeXL - Thread Terminated: 5648

CodeXL - Thread Terminated: 6552

CodeXL - Thread Terminated: 1340

CodeXL - Thread Terminated: 7028

CodeXL - Thread Terminated: 6168

CodeXL - Thread Terminated: 1200

CodeXL - Thread Terminated: 5552

CodeXL - Process Exit

The thread 0x190 has exited with code 3 (0x3).

The thread 0x1498 has exited with code 3 (0x3).

The thread 0xeb4 has exited with code 3 (0x3).

The thread 0x3fc has exited with code 3 (0x3).

The thread 0x1008 has exited with code 3 (0x3).

The thread 0x1610 has exited with code 3 (0x3).

The thread 0x1998 has exited with code 3 (0x3).

The thread 0x53c has exited with code 3 (0x3).

The thread 0x1b74 has exited with code 3 (0x3).

The thread 0x1818 has exited with code 3 (0x3).

The thread 0x4b0 has exited with code 3 (0x3).

The thread 0x15b0 has exited with code 3 (0x3).

The program '[0xE08] MYAPP.exe: AMD Inc. OpenCL Debugger' has exited with code 3 (0x3).

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi qqchose,

From the logs you have attached, it looks like CodeXL (or rather, the debugged application) is exiting and not crashing. The reason for this exit is hard to divine.

However, in the logs I have noticed your application is loading not one but three ( ! ) OpenCL runtimes: AMD's amdocl64.dll, Intel's IntelOpenCL64.dll, and NVIDIA's nvopencl.dll.

To allow OpenCL kernel debugging, CodeXL's adds some build flags to whenever you call clBuildProgram, to allow kernel debugging on the AMD platform. However, other vendors' platforms might not support some / all of these flags, which might cause their compilers to fail unexpectedly.

Please make sure your application is only creating contexts with the AMD platform.

We would like to look into these issues on other vendors' platforms and see if we can work around them for future versions. Is it possible to get the OpenCL program source and build flags you are using for the clBuildProgram that's causing the failure?

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hi qqchose,

From the logs you have attached, it looks like CodeXL (or rather, the debugged application) is exiting and not crashing. The reason for this exit is hard to divine.

However, in the logs I have noticed your application is loading not one but three ( ! ) OpenCL runtimes: AMD's amdocl64.dll, Intel's IntelOpenCL64.dll, and NVIDIA's nvopencl.dll.

To allow OpenCL kernel debugging, CodeXL's adds some build flags to whenever you call clBuildProgram, to allow kernel debugging on the AMD platform. However, other vendors' platforms might not support some / all of these flags, which might cause their compilers to fail unexpectedly.

Please make sure your application is only creating contexts with the AMD platform.

We would like to look into these issues on other vendors' platforms and see if we can work around them for future versions. Is it possible to get the OpenCL program source and build flags you are using for the clBuildProgram that's causing the failure?

Thanks,

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks, we will check about loading 3 OpenCL runtime.

We use only one flag in clBuildProgram. It's "-I", then something like "-I myKernel/Include"

I cannot send our program source code here, but we have sended (or will send) our source to AMD. I will talk to include this request at the same time

0 Likes