cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

cusa123
Adept I

Doubts about the progress of AMD Catalyst Linux?

Windows ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Linux http://www.phoronix.net/image.php?id=amd_catalyst_turkey&image=amd_cat1211_lin_show&w=1680     Feel sorry for the interface in linux

One of my concerns about linux is the huge amount of Travas that has but one of them is something that I found very interesting is my 7870 cores should have 1280 cores and only appear in any Catalyst 1024 cores. In Windows I have no such problems but it is interesting to ask why there is so little progress but there are in free amd drivers and problems across the range of hd 7xxx are who are new to the subject of Gcn but it has been almost 1.5 years and when little ah out to the range.
The other thing is what has me somewhat disappointed and frustrated is with the 3d render (OpenCL) is that this (LuxRender or smalllugpu or luxvr) all created by LuxRender but not definitive engines besides being compricados in intalacion has some problems with the images that also crash every so often and is also indigo which also has problems with amd engines for more support it. I repeat the gpus are not just for play. Some users and also some open-source software and also are leaving to work on amd radeon for the problems these bring one of those programs was blender 2.64 that was the last time you saw OpenCL for AMD then disappeared. Is not that AMD should be solve this in another way? and not just trying to build or repair parts of code if you do not try to offer as

You have not found a single forum in Spanish amd why this is so?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Español-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dudas sobre el avance de Amd Catalyst Linux?

Una de mis dudas sobre linux es la enorme cantidad de travas que tiene pero una de ellas es algo que me parecio muy interesante que es los cores mi 7870 deberia de tener 1280 cores y tan solo aparecen en cualquier catalyst 1024 cores. En Windows  no tengo ningun tipo de problemas pero es algo interesante preguntar porque hay tan poco avance pero si los hay en los controladores amd libres y problemas en toda la gama de hd 7xxx  se que son nuevos con el tema de Gcn  pero ya han pasado casi 1.5 años y al momento poco ah salido para esta gama.

Lo otro es lo que me tiene algo decepcionado y frustrado es con el 3d render (opencl) se que esta (luxrender o smalllugpu o luxvr) todos creados por luxrender  pero no son motores definitivos ademas de ser compricados en su intalacion tiene algunos problemas con las imagenes que tambien se estrellan cada tanto y tambien esta indigo que tambien tiene problemas con motores de amd por mas que lo soporte. Lo vuelvo a repetir las gpus no solo son para jugar. Algunos usuarios y tambien algunos softwares ademas de codigo libre ya estan dejando de trabajar en amd radeon por los problemas que estos traen uno de esos programas fue blender 2.64 que fue la ultima vez que se vio opencl para Amd luego desaparecio.

No sera que amd deberia solucionar esto de otra manera y no solo tratando de compilar o reparar partes de codigo si no tratar de ofrecer ya algo terminado para los usurios como algun motor de render libre para las radeon en vez de estar solo regalando juegos?.

Ademas no he encontrado un solo foro en español de amd porque es esto asi?

Da mucha pena la interface en linux

0 Likes
1 Reply
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Thank you for your feedback.

Regarding blender support, AMD engineers are working on it. Please check http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1285984#1285984

0 Likes