Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

vmiura
Adept II

OpenCL under Linux is slow unless I use CL_QUEUE_PROFILING_ENABLE

Hello,

I'm getting severely slowed down performance under Linux (Ubuntu 12.04 64bit) with HD 7790 Catalyst Performance Driver.  It ran fine under Windows on the same GPU (about 4 to 8 times faster).

When I tried profiling with CodeXL - the slow down went away.  I then realized that setting CL_QUEUE_PROFILING_ENABLE made it run a lot faster, just like under Windows.

Thanks,

Victor

0 Likes
8 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Strange. Can you share the driver version number please?

0 Likes

I'm using Driver Packaging Version 12.104-130328a-155999C-ATI.

0 Likes

Well, Is it catalyst version 13.4?

0 Likes

Since it's a 7790, I installed the driver from here http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/RadeonHD7790CatalystPerformanceDriver.aspx

I later ran the 7xxx Catalyst 13.4 installer with --force.

I can't reproduce this problem on another PC with a HD 7870 with 13.4.  Only on the HD 7790.

0 Likes

Yeah, I saw the special release for 7790...but I think it is more from the gaming side...

So, from what I understand -- you have a problem with both the special driver for 7790 and also for the generic 7xxx series driver. Is that right?

Can you post a quick case for reproduction here?

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Were you able to get past the issue?

0 Likes

Still haven't been able to get past the issue.  I've tried 13.4 and 13.6 Beta drivers and no difference.

0 Likes

please submit a repro-case. i do not have access to 7790 at the moment, but i can try forwarding it to some team who have access to it.

0 Likes