cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

nou
Exemplar

cl_amd_image2d_from_buffer

So I installed new beta Catalyst 13.6 and found out that there is this new extension. Most likely it allows set buffers to image2d_t kernel arguments. Also there seems to be two functions related to this clConvertImageAMD() and clCreateBufferFromImageAMD()

also there seems many other goodies like cl_amd_semaaphore cl_amd_c1x_atomics cl_amd_region_address_space cl_amd-bus_addressable_memory.

0 Likes
5 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi nou,

Thanks for bringing it up. Let me ask some people about this extension.

Anyways you seem to be knowing the new functions introduced by it. Do you have documentation? Also are you working on windows or linux. Which GPU?

0 Likes

so it is cl_khr_image2d_from_buffer. http://www.khronos.org/registry/cl/specs/opencl-1.2-extensions.pdf

Still looking about other goodies you mentioned above

0 Likes

I just poked inside libamdocl64.so with strings and grep. Most likely I just uncover some extension which will eventually introduced in future releases of SDK. I remember discovering new API calls in headers files related to atomic counters objects which was never released. Instead cl_ext_atomic_counters_32 was released.

All the best with your hacking

0 Likes
nou
Exemplar

so cl_amd_c1x_atomics is definitely extension to expose new OpenCL 2.0 C11 atomics. Wonder if cl_amd_bus_addressable_memory and cl_amd_region_address_space are somehow related to generic address space and shared virtual memory which are in new 2.0 specification.