Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

davidshepherd
Journeyman III

W600: Issue configuring display group and extended

Driver version 9.003.3.3

I create a 4x1 display group @1920x1080 and then enable a 5th output @1920x1080 as extended. Works perfectly.

I create a 5x1 display group at 1920x1080 and then try to enable a 6th output as extended - does not work. It even leaves the driver in a bad state which prevents any extended display from working correctly without driver removal and reinstall.

Anyone else had similar?

Regards,

David

0 Likes
9 Replies
fbedon
Journeyman III

Hi David

Driver version 9.003.3.3

I have installed 2 W600 graphic cards in the same PC W7-64 computer,I'm using 10 x 27'' FHD screens.

I have setup 2 display groups, 1 of 2*2 screens and  1 of 2*3 screens.

All is working well, even if Catalyst Pro Control Center seems to freeze after each command.

Some time configuration seems to be partially lost, but i can call it again with preset function.

Regards

0 Likes

hi,

we want to setup 3x3 video wall with 2 w600 cards in same PC and need to run as one single desktop i.e we want to run 3x3 screens as one large single display.

It would be kind of you to help us in this regard.

tks

vineet

0 Likes

Hi

For me it is not possible to create a virtual single display with video outputs coming from 2 different W600 cards.

It is written nowhere, but my many tries are failed (2x5, 2x3...)

Of course you can do one 3x6 mosaic, but on a the same card.

Keep me please informed if you find a solution, I have solved my 2 touchscreen overlays problem with TUIO handshake, but only one virtual video channel should be better to manage.

Regards

Fred Bédon from Grenoble

0 Likes

Hi,

An Eyefinity DisplayGroups can be created only with displays that belong to the same GPU. A 3x3 configuration using 2xW600 is not possible. You can configure a 3x2 on the first W600 and a 3x1 on the second W600. In this case you get 2 DisplayGroups that behave like an extended desktop.

Chris

0 Likes
fbedon
Journeyman III

Hi Chris,

Thank you for this very clear answer.

do you have a solution about my bezel compensation tool question ?

(see question : W600 CCC bezel compensation tool)

I need to setup many computers and I want to be sure that this compensation is exactly the same, the actual WYSIWIG interface don't allow that.

The minimum to do in the future release is to display the compensation value to the screen during adjustment, is this values available somewhere in register or configuration file ?

regards

Fred

0 Likes

Hi,

you can use the ADL library to configure the displays directly from you application. This would allow you to query the current bezel values as well as setting them.

I attached you a small command line tool that uses ADL to configure Eyefinity. Please note that it is juts a small sample that has its limitations but it might work for your use case. If you need more functinality you need to use ADL and implement the display configuration insdie your application.

Chris

0 Likes
fbedon
Journeyman III

Hi Chris,

thank you for your small command line tool.

It is the right way to setup large and numerous installations like us.

I have setup bezel corrections, but values used for that are very strange:

320 and 120 for bezel values of 30 and 20 mm...it is imperial measure? 1/10 of pixel? other thing?

In some case correction bezel don't works, and we need to set it up with Cataclysm 🙂

It should be good too :

- to be able to set the relative positions of each video channel.

- to be able to activate or deactivate a channel.

Is it possible to obtain this new functions or directly the library used by Eyefinity tool?

Regards

Fred

0 Likes

Hi,

you can download ADL from: http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/display-library-adl-sdk/

Please have a look at the functions ADL_Display_SLSMapConfig_Get, ADL_Display_SLSMapConfig_Set and ADL_Display_BezelOffset_Set.

Regards

Chris

0 Likes

Any chance you could provide the source code for eyefinity.exe?

0 Likes