cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

sarobi
Adept III

clinfo.exe - Entry Point Not Found

I get an error when running clinfo: The procedure entry point clReleaseDevice could not be located in the dynamic link library OpenCL.dll

Is this only supposed to be working on a machine with at least an AMD CPU or GPU? Currently, I tried it on a notebook with an Intel CPU and a nVidia GPU (Windows 7). I installed the AMD APP SDK v2.8 because I wanted to look the samples.

0 Likes
3 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

This happens when you mix OpenCL 1.1 and OpenCL 1.2 devices. I believe you have one another OpenCL platform installed which is not 1.2. This is a known issue and will be fixed.

My GTX 460M is definitely an OpenCL 1.1 device. Is there any known workaround for the time being?

0 Likes

I have already reminded to fix clinfo.exe for upcoming releases. This should happen.

But, there is no workaround for "clinfo.exe" as such.

Buf if you are developing C++ wrapper based OpenCL applications, You can install "cl.hpp" from khronos OpenCL page and your app will run fine.

clinfo.exe needs a re-compile with the new wrapper. This should be available in upcoming major releases. Until then, Sorry about this and Thanks for your patience.