cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

red-ray
Journeyman III

ADL_Adapter_Crossfire_Caps() broken in atiadlxx.dll V6.14.10.1124

With the latest release of atiadlxx.dll V6.14.10.1124 I always get error -4 (ADL_ERR_INVALID_PARAM_SIZE) when I call ADL_Adapter_Crossfire_Caps(), but this used to work with V6.14.10.1068 and I used to get either ADL_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED for systems that did not have crossfire or the requested information.

Is this a known bug and/or what do I need to do to get this fixed.

The issue can be shown with my SIV (http://rh-software.com/) utility by looking at the Menu->Machine->Crossfire page. Typical failing and expected outputs are:

#  GPU Description            |Bus-Numb-Fun|  Bus Information   Capable Combinations  Code  GPU Crossfire Status

0  ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series  [ 5 - 00 - 0 ]  PCIe x16@2 (x16)  [_]Error -4

ADL C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiadlxx.dll V6.14.10.1124

#  GPU Description            |Bus-Numb-Fun|  Bus Information   Capable Combinations  Code  GPU Crossfire Status

0  ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series  [ 5 - 00 - 0 ]  PCIe x16@2 (x16)  [_]NOT_SUPPORTED

ADL C:\Windows\system32\atiadlxx.dll V6.14.10.1068

0 Likes
1 Reply
iblank
Staff

ADL_ERR_INVALID_PARAM_SIZE
might be returned by ADL_Adapter_Crossfire_Caps if calling application didn’t set
correctly memory allocation callback when initiating ADL with ADL_Main_Control_Create,
or client provided memory allocating callback failed, or ADL_Adapter_Crossfire_Caps
was called after ADL was destroyed using ADL_Main_Control_Destroy.

0 Likes